Saturday, October 7, 2017

The House of Seven Corpses (1974)

October Challenge: Day 7

Woke up to a bright and crisp day today, so I made some breakfast, coffee and started working on a puzzle under the lovely Saturday morning light.

Damn fine way to start a day!

I have wine tasting and dinner plans later, so while taking a short break from sorting puzzle pieces, I did a little searching for what horror movie to watch under such pleasent circumstances.

That's when I found: The House of Seven Corpses. Winner winner, chicken dinner.


I think I've seen this film around town a couple times - looks a little campy, perhaps classically cheesy, but it also looked like it would pair well with my puzzle time...

Indeed it did!

Here we have a movie that is being filmed about occult murders - in a mansion that has already seen: Occult Murders!


This wasn't going to end well for anyone, especially when the Tibetan Book of the Dead was discovered.

Oh this was a delightful pick for the day. Yes, although campy and classically cheesy, it was also rather original. Dated and groan-worthy at times (hello ladies, you'll find nothing new here), this was still a good fit for something I paid attention to 75% of the time.

Odd, simple, entertaining and reliable, this is a good horror show for a peaceful Saturday morning while working on a puzzle, or a fun beer and pizza night with the crew. Pairs with comfort food, coffee, booze, and pajamas.

I watched this film on Amazon Prime or use the Find It. Watch It. links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this vintage film.

No comments:

Post a Comment