Saturday, October 14, 2017

Lore (Television Show, 2017)

October Challenge: Day 14

I just recently heard of the podcast, Lore (I'm a little behind in podcast worlds...) but when I heard that that there is a television show based on the podcast, and the show is now available to stream on Amazon Prime - I immediately knew how I wanted my Saturday afternoon to turn out! Binge watching Lore.


Unexpectedly, several chores got in the way today so (as of the afternoon of the 14th) I wasn't able to get my cringe binge on until later in the afternoon. Which means I'm only two and half episodes in at the moment.

I also have a book release party to attend so I won't be able to really resume the binge cringe until, likely, tomorrow afternoon. That's okay though! I'm savoring every bit.

So far the stories - based on actual events - are not new to me, or rather, I'm well aware of the history and the folk lore behind them. That's not detouring my attention. I'm thoroughly enjoying the reenactments, atmosphere, and the way the stories are told. Delightful Halloween Material!

I find real life far more frightening then any book or movie, and here we have a nice hodgepodge of it all. Recorded stories passed on through time, based on legends and ledgers, turned into an artful display of how we are our own worst nightmares. Or.... is there something else at work here....

Since I'm only partially through this series I can't provide an absolute review, but what I've seen so far I really enjoy. I'll be giving a final review once finished (tomorrow).

What I can say now is that this six episode series would be a great Saturday night pick if you're not looking for a movie, the news, or a comedy. Pairs with loads of buttery popcorn. 

See you soon...

Update! So, I couldn't help myself and ended up staying up past midnight watching the rest of this show and I loving every minute of it.  As the series progressed the stories became more chilling and downright disturbing. I found the story Black Stocking particularly disturbing ... 

The show screams for anyone looking for everything that is Halloween and ghost stories around the campfire.  

I'll reiterate that this show will pair best with loads of buttery popcorn, watch alone or in a small group. Perfect for a late night viewing right before bed. 

I watched this film on Amazon Prime or use the Find It! Watch it! links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this delightfully creepy show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment