Saturday, October 21, 2017

Hatchet (2006)

October Challenge: Day 21

My Husband and I spent the day getting our home ready for the arrival of a new kitten! As we're sitting here twiddling our thumbs until her arrival on this cold, rainy, Saturday night, I suggested watching: Hatchet.



I'm intrigued by the "Old School American Horror" tag line, so see you after the show (and after our kitten arrives)!!!

Update:

Well. Um. So, after the film I turned to my Husband and said, "I did not care for this film". And that pretty much sums up my overall thoughts. Just that. A slasher film in every classical sense - and I still don't understand what the tag lines means.

Perhaps my mind was so preoccupied with the kitten arrival - perhaps I just thought this film was, well, not great. Either way, I found it boring, ridiculous (not in a fun way), and unoriginal. I'm being a bit harsh - but I woke up this morning disliking it more than after I watched it last night. Overall I was not amused or entertained, but there were a small handful of moments where I chuckled and the kill scenes are impressively over-the-top.

I think this film would be best appreciated in a large, boisterous, drunk group. Not on a couple's movie night - waiting for a kitten.

I watched this film on Hulu or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can see this bloody, cheesy, film.

No comments:

Post a Comment