Monday, October 3, 2016

Tom Holland's Twisted Tales (2014)

October Challenge Day 3:

I really enjoy horror movie anthologies. I think they provide just enough delicious morsels of horror to satisfy most everyone. Short, sweet, to the point, and usually oh so original.


Unfortunately, I won't throw Tom Holland's Twisted Tales into the favorites category.

To be fair, I turned this film on right when I got into a little riff with my Husband about coughing. Seriously.


I found his coughing disrupting. Alarming and disrupting. 

This discussion delayed my viewing of the film for a good half hour. After which I pressed Play and proceeded to see, immediately, three short horror films in a row about partners not getting along.

Oh for christsakes!

This likely tainted my viewing of this show. I frankly wasn't in the mood to see couples argue. And although this show initially only revolved around three short horror films about couples fighting, most every other short following had some aspect of that. 

I was just not in the mood for it and proceeded to Fast Forward my DVD through most of the movie. Another unfortunate aspect of this anthology series is that every time I hit Play, I could already determine what was going on. I didn't even need dialogue or normal pace. This made me sad.

I don't like giving movies negative reviews - at all. I aim to see all the positives and also identify aspects a film can grow from. I simply didn't have the energy to do that for Tom Holland's (who I enjoy and was great here) Twisted Tales. Angry couples being angry and it turning into a nightmare of a disaster for everyone - na. I see that in the news already, too much. Granted this horror film told and twisted those tales in a such a way that it becomes a horror film, I quite simply wasn't in the mood.

Wrong time wrong place Tom Holland's Twisted Tales! Maybe we'll meet again in a better world, when we're both a little older and wiser.

Pairs with food you can throw at others, and some silent treatments.

I rented this movie from my local video store (Rain City Video). Use the links under Find It. Watch It. on Horror Habit's sidebar to see where else you can find this unsatisfying-for-me feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment