Monday, October 5, 2015

The Phantom of the Opera (1925)

October Challenge Day 5:

Folks, I've seen this movie already! I watched it for the first time on a plane when I was flying back from Washington, DC earlier this year. This one was perfect fit to focus my flying anxiety upon someone else's misery. (Thank you Kindle. THANK YOU)


I read the book last year and hated it. In fact, I was surprised by how much I detested the book, the way it was written, the style it was written in - everything. Let's not speak of this book again!

The movie, on the other hand, is wonderful. It went straight to the heart of the story, focused on the eccentric fun parts, and made the story a lot more terrifying than I ever found the book to be. Okay - all done talking about the book!

Although a silent film and 90 years old, there is a reason why this movie is a beloved classic. It's GOOD. So good that even *I* gasped when the Phantom's actual face was revealed. I gasped, folks.

Soft, sweet, dark, menacing, and gorgeous, The Phantom of the Opera is an absolute Must See for any horror movie lover. Pairs with wine, cheese and crackers. Best served on fancy dinnerware but with a nasty nasty, gross nasy napkin on the side.

In fact, you can watch it now! Compliments of the Internet Archive:


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment