Monday, October 12, 2015

Freaks (1932)

October Challenge Day 12:

Lately, I've had a hankering for some Freaks.

What a weird thing to say!?! Seriously. I saw this movie nearly 14 years ago and it's haunted me ever since. But lately I've been thinking, "...it's time so see some Freaks again..."

Who does that? Who walks around thinking they'd like to see this movie again? I recognize I'm a weird person but even these latest thoughts have given me some pause for alarm...


Freaks is one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. I'll shelve it right up there with The Exorcist and - well, frankly - name any movie that has given you nightmares...

This is not a movie that you should be thinking about seeing again while walking down the street with a smile on your face, like I have been. That is weird. Wrong and weird, and I'll be the first to admit it.

If the poster tag line alone doesn't alarm you then everything else about this movie will set off your "I'm Just A Good Human Being - STAP STAP STOP IT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" alarm. 

Now I need to tell you about my walk to work.. On my walk to work I pass a sign, hanging over a dark alleyway restaurant (employee) entrance which reads, "None Of Us!"  I see this sign and immediately think of this movie's "One Of Us!" chant. A scene that is easily one of the most disturbing in cinema history.

I blame this sign for constantly reminding me that I should see this movie.

Good luck with this one, folks. It's so wrong it's right (sometimes). It's so weird it's spot on. It's so strange it's horrifying. 

Pairs with experimental dishes and moonshine. Watch this brilliant movie with a small, quiet group or alone. 

Freaks, man, it will MESS YOU UP.

I saw show on my DailyMotion Roku channel. Use the links under Find It. Watch It. on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this freaky feature. Or, hey - looks like the Internet Archive might have a copy - check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment