Saturday, October 11, 2014

Willow Creek (2013)

Hurray!

Saturday afternoon!

And I have lots of things to do!

So I'm watching today's movie in sections. I'm watching about 45 minutes now, before I have to run off to a painting class (that I'm attending as a student, rather than teaching this time). Then I'll be back to finish it by late this afternoon.


First impressions of Willow Creek so far: the couple, the two in this found footage Bigfoot Hunt, are annoying the hell out of me. I do not like them, which might make this film even more interesting once the action starts happening...

The style of the film, however, is very intriguing, and it's written and directed by BOBCAT GOLDTHWAIT!  So, I am pretty excited to see how this one will turn out.

More updates to follow - stay tuned!

UPDATE

Heeeeeeyyy! Yaaaaaaaaaay!  This movie is awesome! The couple never stop being annoying, but you learn to live with it - and it doesn't take anything away from the film. In fact, I think their jerkness played a very important role. There comes a point in the film were you'll cock your head and say to yourself: I think I'm going to root for Bigfoot... But that moment is subtle and you won't actually want to admit this to yourself until after the film. I thoroughly enjoyed this twist in character sympathy, well done!

One of my most favorite things in horror movies it's growing. GROWLING gets me every single time. This film does not disappoint with the growling.

Slow paced, calculated, realistic, honest, and face punchy, Willow Creek is a fun fun horror movie that will catch you off guard. It's poop your pants horror in the last 15 minutes of film. You just need to be patient.

I've never been frightened by a Bigfoot movie before. Never. This one wins first prize in that department!

This simply and efficiently made film is good for the whole family (with older teens...), non serious horror fans, 'fraidycats who don't plan on camping ever again, or serious horror fans looking for something different.

Recommended pairing: trail mix, bottled water, huge sandwiches cut into the shape of a foot. Cheep beer in koozies. If you can watch this in camping chairs or from a livingroom fort (or tent!!!!), please do!



No comments:

Post a Comment