Sunday, October 5, 2014

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

Two major life events happened to me today!

#1: I taught my first art class! I think it was a success - at least that is what I was told. No seriously, it went well. People learned stuff and art was created where there wasn't any before! Everyone wins. My students were great, my Husband was a tremendous help, and I learned lots too.

#2: I'm watching the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre tonight. SERIOUSLY. I've never seen this movie before. I've seen snippets! I know what it's about! I know it's gruesome and ugly! But I've never actually seen it.


I've been warned that the sound will set me on edge, and I will probably feel gross all over. But still, it's go time. I've waited to long, it's now or never.

Why is this Sunday night - this beautiful, peaceful, happy/celebratory night the night I'm choosing to watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Because it's a beautiful, peaceful, celebratory night. If I went into this after a bad day, I think I wouldn't have the strength or gumtion to continue with this horror movie watching adventure.

I guess what I'm saying is that I think you need to be super happy and care free to get your face into the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Yup. That's what I said.

I could be wrong! My theory could blow up in my face and you might not hear from me for a couple days, but hey. My middle name isn't Dawn for nothing.... not sure what that meant but it sounded good...

So, here we go folks. I'm doing it [takes one last look behind her, from the edge of the high dive]. Happy Sunday, I'm going in. See you after the show!

UPDATE

Folks, there is a reason this movie is unanimously seen as one of the best horror movies of all time.

This is one Very disturbing film!

The sound effects are bone chilling. The cinematography is gritty, mind-bending, hard core. The dialog is uncomfortable, and the (innocent) characters are symaptheic while the (WTF) charactor are so scary you'll want to hug someone after the show.

And that's what Mike and I did. After a few minutes of credits, we agreed a hug was needed. No high -fives this time, it just wouldn't have been right.

To help us get come down from this horror show adrenaline rush, we checked out the DVD's Extras section.

People, there was a Bloopers option. A Texas Chainsaw Massacre Bloopers section!!

Naturally, we had to watch it. These "bloopers" were of no comfort Whatsoever! In fact, I think it just made this movie watching experience all the more terrifying.

This is a seriously scary movie. A great classic. Fantastic horror. I still believe this should be approached while in a good mood and not a bad one. Watch with good friends or alone if you want to curl up in the corner and cry afterwards.

Recommended pairing: BBQ from a questionable source.

No comments:

Post a Comment