Tuesday, October 7, 2014

DeepStar Six (1989)

Day 7 and going strong with this year's October Challenge!

However, friends got us tickets to see a show tonight so I'm starting today's movie early early. Nothing says How To Spend Probably The Last Most Beautiful Afternoon of the Year in Seattle watching what appears to be an awful 1988 Sci-Fi Horror like DeepStar Six... oh my word folks, I have no idea what that run-on sentence was about but it's staying, what ever it is.


With no time to waste, here we go! See you after the show!

UPDATE!

Okay, this isn't nearly as awful as I was expecting BUT the plot, characters, monster - all of it predictable. There was a scene at the end that I was semi anticipating, so when it did happen it startled me into a small giggle fit. So ... that was entertaining!

By the way, all you Tremors fans out there, I would be very curious to know what you think of the monster in this film....very...curious.

This movie is entertaining to an adequate degree, the dialog mediocre, the acting was alright - not bad at all. In all, I couldn't agree more with my Husband when he said this one is painfully ernest.

I think they would have benefited from over-doing it more. They should have gone too far in the dialog, storyline, monster, etc. Reservations did not suit this one well.

Recommended pairing: watery stuff. Water down your drink, pour a couple extra cups of tap water in that totamo soup. Best watched in a large group of people, preferably ones who can't swim.




No comments:

Post a Comment