Monday, October 7, 2013

Martyrs (2008)

I was pretty sure Jolie had already reviewed this one, I can't seem to find it anywhere so I thought I'd just throw my thoughts out there because truthfully, I just watched Martyrs and I desperately need to cleanse my soul of the horrors that it inflicted on me.  This movie has got to be the most terrifying movies I have ever seen.  I has shaken me to my very core.
Doesn't this look fun?

The movie begins like your average movie, with a young girl escaping a torture dungeon, but after that, things start to get a little disturbing.  I won't go into too much detail as to not spoil it for anyone, but let's just say, the funnest part of this movie is when Lucie, the young girl now grown up, breaks into a house and shotguns an entire family to death.  Lucie believes the family were the ones responsible for her imprisonment, and that by killing them, she can rid herself the the creepy, skinny, razor wielding, person-thing that torments her.  She calls her childhood friend, Anna to help her clean up, and things get really messed up from there.

There was parts towards the end where I just wasn't sure if I could finish it.  The reality of the movie was almost too much to bear, and the prospects a incredibly bleak, but I stuck with it, because I guess that's what martyrs do, go through with terrible pain and suffering for the good of mankind.  Hope everyone is happy!


I read that they are planning an American remake, by the producers of Twilight for christsakes, which is actually the most disturbing thing about this whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. Matt - I have seen this, and you took the words right out of my mouth on this one - exactly. Which is a little weird in itself. But you nailed it. Thanks for writing what I couldn't, I can stop the therapy lessons now. Good looking out, brother :)

    ReplyDelete