Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

I'll be completely honest with you folks.

This year has been nothing short of an incredible challenge for me. So much so that I've become convinced that many of those near and far to me have had their bodies invaded by aliens hell-bent on ruining everything.

That's the only logical explanation. Obviously.

Which is why I've chosen tonight's film to be Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978 version). I've heard nothing but great news about this movie, which is good. Because if the world as we know it is going down in a giant Bed Bath and Beyond hand-basket then I'm at least going to enjoy the movie parts.


So, seeing as I have a couch ready to go - let's get this movie started!

Update:

Well, this movie is awesome. But of course you already knew that - everybody knew that but me! I had somehow managed not to get caught by the pod people bug for all this time. [in monotone:] But I agree with everyone. This is an excellent movie. Why had I avoided it for so long? It's excellent. It's so much better than I expected.

I found it peculiar, however, that the very things I've wanted - so many people want all the time (in real life, now) - is peace, love, security, happiness, SLEEP, and a stress-free life. Well, according to this movie, if you really get that type of life then you are just a living shell of a person.

Great.

Awesome.

[slow clap]

Fantastic.

The movie moved like a live Carmina Burana performance. It's intense, emotional, fast, slow, O Fortuna! We're all screwed! Rejoce! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Ride is going too fast!

Oh life. [punches shoulder...hard] You just keep spinning that wheel, don't ya?

Suggested pairings: Vegetable smoothie, salad (extra dressing).

No comments:

Post a Comment